Deep Space Robots is looking for a highly capable Node developer to work on server-side JS applications. This is a full-time position open to local, hybrid, or remote workers.
We are a digital creative agency headquartered in Dallas, TX. For more than a decade, we’ve been steadily growing and creating high quality web sites, APIs, applications, and web-based platform solutions for companies across all industries.
As a Node Developer you’ll be working on a wide array of projects on production teams ranging from 3-10 members, including project managers, front-end engineers, and testing engineers. We’re looking for someone with a strong understanding of scalable software architecture, relational databases, and REST API design.
Temperament we're looking for:
- Autonomous: We want someone who is motivated to seek out problems and find solutions.
- Flexible: We want someone who can work effectively in both pre-existing codebases, and on greenfield projects.
- Rigorous: We want someone who can take an "ok" solution and optimize it. Whether you're optimizing for performance, clarity, portability, or scalability, we want someone who enjoys taking a product from good to great.
Skills we're looking for:
- Capable with JS tooling for server applications, specifically: Node, PostgreSQL, Express.
- Competent using Typescript
- Able to break large tasks down to a manageable scale
- Competent using preexisting Docker environments
- Experienced using git for version control
- Experienced building/maintaining APIs
- Comfortable using MVC architecture (bonus points if you know Nest.js).
- Experience using an ORM (bonus points if you know TypeORM).
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines for testing and deployment.
- Experience creating virtualized environments using Docker.
- Experience with GraphQL
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you. Let us know you're interested using the form below and we'll get back with you as soon as we can.